Monday, September 27, 2010

For my Ankleshvar friends

NALIN VERMA


I am overwhelmed to find the people from Ankleshvar visiting my blog almost everyday. At the same time, I am unable to connect if my stories have any value to the readers of the Gujarat’s industrial city. I am, in fact, curious to learn about the individuals/ families in Ankleshvar stopping by my blog. While thanking my reader/ readers in Ankleshvar I will politely request them to tell me what is so special in my blog that draws them.

I candidly admit that I have never visited Ankleshvar for that matter even any part of Gujarat despite my wish to do so. Of course, I know that Gujarat is one of the richest of the Indian states which has produced the men like Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Patel who shaped our nation’s destiny. I have many friends in our pen-pushers’ profession from Gujarat. I am also aware that Ankleshwar is one of the Asia’s biggest of industrial cities with cosmopolitan population full with liberal values.

I originally belong to Bihar and am working at Patna as a journalist. Though located far away to each other, Gujarat and Bihar have close cultural and political links. Born in Gujarat, Mahatma Gandhi launched the civil disobedience movement against the British rule from Bihar. Many migrant workers from Bihar go to Gujarat for earning livelihood. All of us know that the raging spat between the Gujarat chief minister, Narendra Modi and his Bihar counterpart, Nitish Kumar offers lots to spice up our stories in the newspapers.

I earnestly request my friends/ readers from Ankleshvar to tell me about them. I will be happy to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. It's always interesting to note where our readers come from. Like you, I am curious to know what brings readers from Lithuania or Guam to my blog, but I am always glad to see them stop by!

    If your Ankleshvar readers respond to your query, I too would be interested to know the answer.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

There was an error in this gadget